Christians, we begin the Lenten season tomorrow, Wednesday, February 13th. There is no choir nor Wednesday Night Alive this night. Let us join together at the service at 7:00 p.m. to hear a message from Pastor Jacob and receive the ashes.
In Sunday School, we will be following Pastor Jacob's sermons and the church wide study of "The Way", where we will be "walking in Jesus' footsteps" to the cross and ultimately to His resurrection. We will be following where Jesus went on His travels and will learn what He did on those travels; being baptized, healing the sick, preaching, welcoming and loving the 'outcasts', and finally, his ride into Jerusalem where he died and rose from the dead. The Sunday School program is interesting and exciting. I just know the children are going to gain much from this study. Be sure to ask them about what they learn each Sunday!
I have several plans for family togetherness and celebration during this season. Please look at what's coming up the next few weeks and mark your calendars!
Wednesday, 2/27
Family Fun Night - from 6 - 8:15 in tower Chapel (Children's Choir will begin at 5:30 this night!) We will offer family games and crafts, we will show the movie, "The Incredibles", and we will be servincg popcorn. Everyone will also be invited to "Build your own Sundae" at the 'Sundae Bar'. This is just a fun, mid week event that will get us out of our homes and pull us together as families on a cold, winter night! Please let me know if you will be attending by Sunday, 2/24 so I know how much popcorn and ice cream to buy!!
Saturday, 3/16
Field Trip to "Shrine of Christ's Passion" - (on Rt. 41, St. John, IN) Convoy leaving Asbury Center parking lot at 10 a.m. (carpooling is encouraged!) The shrine allows visitors to walk through a pathway of beautiful. touchable sculptures with narrations that depict Jesus' last week; from the Last Supper to His death and resurrection. This is a beautiful experience and I feel, a wonderful family event. Understand that it is an OUTDOOR event so we can only hope that the weather cooperates! The shrine costs nothing BUT there is a gift shop that is quite nice! Also, I have arranged for us to go to lunch together at "Northwoods" - a restaurant close to the shrine - for those that wish to do so. They offer a nice buffet lunch (chicken and beef plus a pasta dish, salad bar, light dessert, and a drink) for $12.95 plus tax and tip which can be paid directly at the restaurant. There will also be an opportunity to order off the menu but that can take more time. If we have a good number of people, the price for children will be less than $12.95. Again, I need to have a count for the restaurant so PLEASE let me know who will be coming by March 9th:)
Saturday, March 30th (Holy Saturday)
Easter Egg Hunt - Rogers-Lakewood, 10 - 11 a.m. Our annual "hunt" will be at the 'hill' at R-L Park (turn left at the first stop in the park). There will be roped off areas for the littlest "just walking" to the big 3rd, 4th, and 5th graders. It should be a fun time for all! I sure hope the weather is nice this day too!! By the way, I need egg stuffers for this event so email me if you can give me some time the week before and I thank you!!
I am sure that not everyone will be able to attend every event as we are busy, busy people BUT I do hope that those you can attend, you will attend. It is important for us all to gather as we are able, to share God's love with each other and then, take that love out into the world!
Until next time ~ Ms. Karyn :)
No comments:
Post a Comment