HAPPY 2013!!!
Welcome (or welcome back, as the case may be!) to the Kidz4Jesus blog.
This is my first time writing as the new Director of Children's Ministries
and I can barely contain my excitement for all we have to look forward to in 2013.
In January we will be talking about what gifts WE can give to Jesus in Sunday School.
In February we will already be looking at Lent with Ash Wednesday on the 13th! Hard to believe that is only one month away! Pastor Jacob will be leading an all-church series called, "The Way", and we will be following suit in our Sunday School classes. This will be a special time for adults and children alike as we will all be working on the same study. It should provide for some interesting dinner table conversation.
In March we will celebrate the resurrection of our Lord - EASTER - on the 31st and there will be many exciting things leading up to that special day.
Come Springtime, family life gets pretty crazy with sports and end of school year events so we will be laying low with family activities here, and getting geared up for summer - always keeping Jesus at the forefront of our minds!
Speaking of Summer - I would like to put together a family picnic at one of our parks - maybe a beginning of summer celebration! Of course - Vacation Bible School (VBS) will be back! We plan to return to a daytime, full week event as we have done in the past. We are looking at dates in July for that.
Then we swing into Fall with the beginning of a new school year, the promotion of students to new Sunday School classes, and Fall Family Fun Night.
Suddenly, we are celebrating Christmastime again and we have our annual "Breakfast With St. Nicholas" and our Family Service on Christmas Eve.
I have always felt that a faith based upbringing is so important as it enables our children to handle the best and the worst of times this life can bring. Plus, the time with our children goes by SO quickly! I have always been grateful to my church for activities that bring us together as an independent family but also as the family of God. I hope you feel the same and will make these activities a part of your family's life.
Ongoing Activities
Sunday School - Every Sunday
Toddlers report to class at 9:15 a.m.
Grades Pre K - 5 go to worship at 9:15 and are dismissed to Sunday School after the "Children's Moment"
There is also an 11 a.m. Toddlers (ages 3 -5) class.
Wednesday Night Alive Kid's Program (grades 1 - 5) - 5:45 p.m. every Wednesday
Devotions/activities for a mid week "faith boost" and recreational activity for winter nights! :)
(Children's Choir follows at 6:30 p.m.)
Children's Choir - Wednesday nights at 6:30.
Bell Ringing for children grades 3 -5 to follow at 7:10 - 7:30.
Children's Library - Always open for children aged 10 and up. Younger children MUST be accompanied by an adult. And please - NEVER leave your child unattended in the church building!
I Need YOU!!!
** Please think about assisting with Summer Sunday School and VBS.**
These seem far away but will be upon us before you know it!
I will need teachers for PreK/K, 1st and 2nd grade, 3rd and 4th grade, and 5th grade classes.
The classes are small and I provide your lessons to you.
Please give an hour and a half per week to the children and your church!
VBS is a huge undertaking and I will be looking for MANY helpers. This is a good opportunity for our youth to give service to their church.
Please be praying about what you can do for our children!
Contact me, Karyn Custer-Jankowski (or more simply, Ms. Karyn :) at
465-1661 or email: children@valpofumc.org
I look forward to hearing from you!!
No comments:
Post a Comment